What pet owner doesn’t have pet stains? If you don’t – I envy you! What Do you do?
I have two Ragdoll cats, sweet as can be; one wants to over indulge herself and would vomit quite a bit, the other likes to watch her girlish figure. For the most part, we solved the overeating issue by putting a golf ball in their food bowls.
And no matter what we do, they both cough up occasional hairballs. I love my cats and a cleanin’ up after them I will do. What else can you do?
To remove vomit stains follow these simple tips. We’ve given you a few options to try.
OxycleanOxyclean works great to remove vomit stains.
1. First you want to remove as much of the vomit as you can.
2. Then mix 2 tablespoons Oxyclean with 16 ounces of water.
3. Apply just enough of the solution to saturate the stained area. Let sit for 5 minutes. You don’t want the mix to dry.
4. Use a clean, white cloth and blot the stain, working from the outside in.
5. Rinse the area with clean water and blot with another clean cloth until dry.
6. You may need to repeat the process to completely remove the stain.
Hydrogen PeroxideI keep bottles of hydrogen peroxide in my house. When it’s on sale, I stock up. It can be used for so many things. To clean up vomit, follow the instructions below. This method can be used on many carpet stains as well.
1. After you’ve cleaned up as much of the vomit as possible, saturate the stain with hydrogen peroxide. I take an old toothbrush and lightly rub into the stain, again working from the outside in.
2. Cover the area with plastic wrap. This is so the hydrogen peroxide doesn’t soak into the towel.
3. Now place a towel over the hydrogen peroxide and plastic wrap. This is done because hydrogen peroxide turns to water when exposed to light.
4. Let sit for at least an hour before you check the stain. It could take longer. I believe I read somewhere that it takes at least 45 minutes for the chemical reaction to start working.
5. Repeat the process if necessary.
SaltYou can also try using salt to remove some of the stain. Clean up as much of the vomit as you can. Sprinkle salt onto the stained area and cover with a damp cloth.
Let this sit for two to three hours and when you remove the cloth, the stain should have lightened quite a bit.
This tip actually works well on yellow bile stains.